Choose Your Location and Language
Choose Your Location and Language
Welcome to CCLI’s Copyright Licence (“Licence”). To enjoy the rights and benefits your Licence provides, your understanding and adherence to the following is necessary, and you agree to:
- Keep your Licence in good standing by paying the annual fee when it is due
- Honour the terms and conditions of this programme as outlined in the following sections marked Permitted Activities and Activities Not Permitted
- Report all song copy activity when required
- Validate each participating song (“Song”) before making a copy (see how in the Song Validation section)
- Use the Licence in a lawful and ethical manner
- Destroy all copies made under this agreement if your Licence expires
- When reproducing Song lyrics, include the song title, writer credit(s) and copyright notice in substantially the following form:
“Hallelujah” words and music by John Doe
© 2018 Good Music Co.
Used by permission. CCLI Licence #12345
An active Licence allows you to make copies of Songs to assist with congregational singing, in the following manner. You may:
- Copy Songs from hymnals, websites, chorus books and similar types of publications
- Print Song lyrics in bulletins, liturgies, programmes, song sheets, songbooks compiled by your church/organisation, overhead transparencies and slides
- Electronically store, retrieve and utilise Song lyrics files in computers, presentation software and similar resources to enable the visual projection of Songs
- With the understanding that all rights in copies made under this provision are reserved by the copyright owner, only where a published version is unavailable you may:
- Make customised vocal and/or instrumental arrangements of Songs
- Translate Song lyrics into another language
All rights not specified herein are reserved to and for the benefit of the copyright owner. Streaming songs performed in your services in audio and/or video requires a Streaming Licence.
Activities Not Permitted
This Licence has certain important and necessary limitations and you may not:
- Charge a fee or receive any form of compensation for any of the Permitted Activities except as outlined under Recordings
- Assign or transfer any rights under your Licence to any other church/organisation or group
- Distribute copies of Songs outside of the jurisdiction of your Licence and church/organisation
- Copy or duplicate choral sheet music, cantatas, musicals, handbell music, keyboard arrangements, vocal solos, instrumental works or music education publications
- Alter or change the lyrics, melody or fundamental character of any Song
CCLI’s SongSelect makes it easy to confirm if a song is authorised under your licence.
Simply visit SongSelect.ccli.com and enter the song title in the search box. If your initial search results don’t include the song you are looking for, tick the box next to “Expand search to show all songs” for more results. Find a match and you’re good to go. If you don’t find a match, it’s likely the song is not covered by the licence.
To confirm if a publisher catalogue is authorised under your licence, search the Copyright Licence – Covered Catalogues list at ccli.com/copyright-owners-lists.
When in doubt, CCLI’s Customer Service is ready to help.
The following requirements are the responsibility of the licence holder as stated under the terms of the Copyright Licence agreement.
- Licence Terms
View the full Terms of Agreement for this licence.